You have a Master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or in a related field and you are interested in doing research in energy-related catalysis. How do you apply for admission to the Helmholtz Research School Energy-Related Catalysis?
- Check the internet pages of the participating institutes and groups. Choose a topic which is covered by one of the groups. Specific topics will also be announced on our open positions web page.
- Write a letter of motivation (about two pages) containing your background and a proposal for a research project. Send this letter of motivation together with a CV and scans of relevant certificates to the coordinator of the school. (Note: You need to name your preferred group to which the application will be forwarded.)
- The coordinator will contact the principal investigator and inform you about further actions.
- If approved, a group member will ask you for a telephone interview.
- Successful candidates will be invited to an assessment day, including interviews and a scientific presentation about your previous work.
- At the end, a decission is made if you qualify for a job position or a research stipend.
PhD students working or Master students planning to work in the field of energy-related catalysis in one of the participating groups may apply for membership in this Helmholtz Research School. The application process is as follows:
- Talk to your supervisor if he or she supports your membership.
- Your supervisor will also help you to name a co-supervisor.
- Fill in the membership application form.
- Send it together with a letter of motivation, a CV and a copy of your graduation certificate to the coordinator of the school.
- You will be asked for an interview with at least three members of the school (principal investigator other than your supervisor, coordinator, student representative).
- Candidates whose membership has been accepted qualify to apply for a research stipend.