M. Sc. (TUM) Fabian Hagen
- Ph.D. student
- Phone: +49 721 608-42806
- fabian hagen∂ kit edu
Institute for Chemical Technology and Polymer Chemistry
Campus South Bldg. 11.21
Current PhD Research
Reactivity of soot particles emitted by gasoline direct-injection (GDI) engines: Interrelationship between particle properties, reactivity and engine operating parameters.
- Aerosol chemistry and physics
- Soot aerosol characterization: Measurement of the (optical) properties, reactivity and chemical constituents
- On-line structural and functional analysis of (soot) nanoparticles (agglomerate structure, primary particle diameters, particle size distribution, definition and measurement of the surface area).
- Soot particle formation in internal combustion engines
- Kinetics and reaction mechanisms of the oxidation of soot
- Particle behaviour in Ranque-Hilsch Vortex Tubes (RHVTs)
35th AAAR (American Association for Aerosol Research) Annual Conference, "Primary and Secondary Organic Functional Groups in Vehicle Emissions by Mobile Sources Testing". Hagen, F. P., Russell, L. M., Singh, E., Liu, J., Zhao, Y., Saleh, R., Drozd, G., Goldstein, A. H., Robinson, A., Portland, Oregon, USA, 2016.
Saliba et al., Comparison of Gasoline Direct-Injection (GDI) and Port Fuel Injection (PFI) Vehicle Emissions: Emission Certification Standards, Cold-Start, Secondary Organic Aerosol Formation Potential, and Potential Climate Impacts, Environ. Sci. Technol., 51, 6542-6552, 2017