|since 2014:||Associate Professor IIT Hyderabad|
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Karlsruhe, Germany, Nov 2006
|2000:||Master of Technology, Chemical Engineering, IIT, Madras, India, Dec 2000. CGPA 8.65 (out of 10).|
|1997:||Bachelor of Technology, Chemical Engineering, University of Calicut, Kerala, India, Dec 1997, First class with honours.|
Dr.-Ing. Vinod Janardhanan
Ph. D. student (03-07)|
Ass. Prof, IIT Hyderabad
Institute for Chemical Technology and Polymer Chemistry
Campus South Bldg. 11.21
1) H. Zhu, R. J. Kee, V. M. Janardhanan, O. Deutschmann, and D. G. Goodwin. Modeling Elementary Chemistry and Electrochemistry in Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, J. Electrochemical Society, (152) 12, A2427-A2440 (2005).
2) Vinod M. Janardhanan and Olaf Deutschmann. CFD analysis of a solid oxide fuel cell with internal reforming: Coupled interactions of transport, heterogeneous catalysis and electrochemical processes, J. Power Sources, (162) 2, 1192-1202(2006).
3) Vinod M. Janardhanan and Olaf Deutschmann. Numerical study of mass and heat transport in solid oxide fuel cells running on humidified methane, Chem. Eng. Sci., in press (2007).
4) Vinod M. Janardhanan and Olaf Deutschmann. Performance evaluation of planar solid oxide fuel cells, J. Power Sources, accepted.
5) D. Lysenkiv, J. Engstler, A. Dangwal, A. Popp, G. Muller, J. J. Schneider, V. M. Janardhanan, O. Deutschmann, V. Ebert, and J. Wolfrum. Anchored carbon nanotubes on porous alumina. Formation, process modeling, gas-phase studies, and enhanced field emission properties, SMALL, (3) 6, 974-985 (2007).
6) Vinod M. Janardhanan and Olaf Deutschmann. Modeling Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (invited review), Zeitschrift f. Phys. Chem. (221) 4, 443-478 (2007).
7) R. U. Khan, S. Bojohr, D. Buchholz, R. Reimert, H. D. Mihn, K. Norinaga, V. M. Janardhanan, S. Tischer, and O. Deutschmann. Pyrolysis of propane for vacuum carburizing of steel: An experimental and modeling study, J. Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, accepted (2007).
8) Koyo Norinaga, Vinod M. Janardhanan, and Olaf Deutschmann. Detailed Chemical Kinetic Modeling of Pyrolysis of Ethylene, Acetylene and Propylene at 1073 – 1373 K with a Plug Flow Reactor Model . Int. J. Chem. Kinetics, submitted (2007)
9) Vinod M. Janardhanan, Vincent Heuveline and Olaf Deutschmann. Three-phase boundary length in solid-oxide fuel cells: A mathematical model. J. Power. Sources, submitted (2007)
10) Vinod M. Janardhanan, Vincent Heuveline, and Olaf Deutschmann. Towards a better understanding of electrochemical modeling in solid-oxide fuel cell operated with reformate fuel. J Electrochem. Soc, to be submitted (2007)
1) Vinod M. Janardhanan and Olaf Deutschmann. Efficiency analysis of planar solid oxide fuel cells under direct internal reforming conditions, ECS Transactions, Tenth International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC-X), Nara, Japan (2007).
2) Vinod M. Janardhanan and Olaf Deutschmann. Detailed CFD modeling of Anode Supported Solid Oxide Fuel Cells with Direct Internal Reforming, Proceedings of the 7th European SOFC Forum. Lucerne, Switzerland (2006)
3) Vinod M. Janardhanan and Olaf Deutschmann. “Numerical study of heat and mass transfer in solid-oxide fuel cells running on humidified methane”. 19th International symposium on chemical reaction engineering, Sept 3-6, 2006, Postdam, Germany
4) Vinod M. Janardhanan, Olaf Deutschmann, Huayang Zhu, Robert J. Kee, and David G. Goodwin. “Analysis of heterogeneous chemistry and transport in an anode supported solid-oxide fuel cell”, XXXVIII Jahrestreffen Deutscher Katalytiker, March 16-18, 2005, Weimar, Germany
5) Huayang Zhu, Robert J. Kee, Vinod M. Janardhanan, Olaf Deutschmann, Renate Schiedernoch, Benjamin Schaedel, David G. Goodwin, Niel P. Sulliven. “Internal fuel refmorming in the SOFC anode”, 13th Internation Conference on Catalysis, July 11-16, 2004, Paris, France.
1) Towards a better understanding of reforming chemistry within the anode of a Solid-Oxide fuel cell, International Conference on Environmental Catalysis, June 6, 2005, Heidelberg, Germany.
2) CFD Simulation of Detailed Chemistry, Mass and Heat transport in Planar Solid Oxide Fuel Cell, IWR, University of Heidelberg, Germany.
3) A novel approach towards the modeling of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, Regional Research Laboratory (RRL), Trivandrum, India.