Currently available topics for bachelor/Vertiefer/master thesis
Below find an overview on possible topics for your thesis in our group. If you are interested in one of the topics, do not hesitate to contact us.
The list below contains master theses. For bachelor and "Vertiefer" thesis contact us directly. Bachelor thesis can be offered for students of the applied-technical option C as well as the options A and B (contact us early, since we have many requests at the moment).
- Application of advanced analysis methods in the in situ/operando characterization of multimetallic catalysts using synchrotron-based X-ray techniques (PDF)
- Looking at the catalyst for emission control (NOx, CO, Hydrocarbons, CO2) during operation: Operando spectroscopy on emission control
- Environmental catalysis: CO oxidation with conventionally, robot assisted or by flame-spray pyrolisis prepared catalysts
- Selective catalytic reduction of NOx: Investigation of novel iron, vanadium or copper zeolites for emission control
- Microscopic view on the catalyst: X-ray microscopy and electron microscopy on novel heterogeneous catalysts
- Morphological and topological analysis of disordered porous media (Description)
- Catalysis at the synchrotron: Studies via x-ray absorption spectroscopy, x-ray diffraction and further spectroscopic methods at CAT-ACT
- Conversion of syngas from biomass to sustainable chemicals and fuels
- Power-to-gas: Conversion of H2 from wind and solar energy to methane and alcohols via novel heterogeneous catalysts; catalysts under dynamic conditions
- Sustainable synthesis of fine chemicals or polymer building blocks from biomass platform molecules: Conversion of levulinic acid or hydroxymethylfurfural
- Flame-spray pyrolisis and hydrothermal synthesis of mixed oxides for the selective oxidation of propane and propene or butane and butene
- Hydrogen production via reforming
- Electrocatalytic cleavage of water: OER and HER, Insights with new spectroscopic tools, production with new methods