- Ph. D. student (2014-2018)
- Imperial College, London, UK
Institute for Chemical Technology and Polymer Chemistry
Campus South Bldg. 11.21
|Degree||University/Board||Duration||CGPA / %|
|M.S. Mechanical Engg.||University of Minnesota, Twin Cities||Sept 2012 – June 2014||3.79 / 4.00|
|B.E. Mechanical Engg.||Birla Institute Of Technology, Mesra||July 2008 – June 2012||8.18 / 10.00|
- M.S. Thesis:
“Design, fabrication and testing of a reticulate porous ceramic (RPC) filled tube-in-tube counterflow heat exchanger for high temperature applications” as part of the academic curriculum from September, 2012 to June, 2014.
- B.E. Final Year Project:
“Design, fabrication and testing of a circular assembly of reflector and absorber for solar steam generation” as part of the academic curriculum from July, 2011 to June, 2012.
Modeling and Simulation of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFCs)
- Bala Chandran, R., Banerjee, A., and Davidson, J.H., “Design of a Gas Phase Heat Recovery System for Solar Thermochemical Processes,” Proc. of ASME 2014 8th Intl. Conf. Energy Sustainability, June 30- July 2, 2014.
- Banerjee, A., and Nayak, G., 2012, "Synchronized Acoustic Refrigerator and Heat Engine," Intl. J. Earth Sci. and Engg. 5, pp. 162-168.
- Nayak, G., and Banerjee, A., 2013, "Circular Assembly of Reflector and Absorber for Solar Steam Generation," Intl. J. Enhanced Research in Sci. Tech. and Engg. 2(11), pp. 158-163.
Presented the paper entitled “Synchronized Acoustic Refrigerator and Heat Engine” at Intl. Conference on Recent Advances and Challenges in Energy (RACE) 2012 from January 4-6, 2012.
Internships and Projects
- Industrial Research project entitled “Study of possible methods to improve Volumetric and Combustion Efficiencies of a Gas Turbine Power Station” conducted at M.S. Power Gen. Co. Ltd., Gas Turbine Power Station, Uran, Dist – Raigad from 6th June – 27th June, 2011.
- Industrial Research project entitled “Coal – free PBS: Study and Analysis of Fuels for Combustion in Boilers at Bhilai Steel Plant” conducted at Bhilai Steel Plant under Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) from 9th May – 4th June, 2011.
- Summer Training at Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI), Gurgaon in the Engine Department from 14th May – 14th June, 2010.