Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
By public transport:
- By train to "Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof".
- From the station forecourt take streetcar line 2, direction Wolffahrtsweier; line 3, direction Rintheim; line S4, directionÖhringen). Get off at the stop "Kronenplatz". From the stop, walk along Kaiserstraße to the main entrance of the university, then straight across the Ehrenhof, then turn right. On the left side in building 11.23 , Engesserstr. 18 (secretary's office 3rd floor) is the Polymer Institute.
The guest lecturer building is at Engesserstr. 3.
- For more information about the streetcar network in Karlsruhe, please contact KVV.
- Cab radio center 07 21 - 944 144
- Minicar & Citycar 07 21 - 565 050
- From the A5 (right side of the Rhine):
Exit Durlach in the direction of the city center: Follow the road straight ahead until you reach a large intersection (Durlacher Tor). There, the university is signposted (turn right). At the main entrance, you can ask the gatekeeper for an entry and parking permit for the day.
- From the A65 or B9 (left side of the Rhine):
You will automatically reach the Rhine bridge at Maxau (from here you drive on the B10), drive along the Südtangente (=B10) until you reach the Stadion exit. From there, follow the signs Stadion or Universität until you reach the main entrance of the university (site plan, also in the menu above).
- From the main entrance of the university, drive straight ahead along Engesserstraße for about 200m, then you will find the Polymerinstitut on the left side of the street(site plan, also in the menu above).